February 19, 2011

Pickle Popsicle


"The pickle," my knight often says, "is very healthy."  Now I have not sought out any research on the subject, but I'd be willing to bet that may be  a stretch.  Ok, ok, for the sake of my marriage, I will say "in moderation."  But, my knight, bless his heart, can eat three or four with one tuna sandwich.  Consequently we often have a large empty pickle jar full of pickle juice laying around on the kitchen counter.  Soda, who follows in his father's footsteps, loves pickles as well and takes the idea of "re-use" to a whole new level with the invention of his pickle popsicle.  Now a staple at our house....in the words of Soda, here's how it's done...


You take the pickles out...


You put the juice in the freezer.  Then when it's freezed, it's ready.  Eat it with a spoon.  

There it is folks...a savory popsicle!  cheap, resourceful, gluten-free, dairy-free, easy and pickle-lover friendly.

ENJOY,

The Good Food Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment