February 13, 2011

Night Before Valentine's Poem


T'was the night before Valentine's day and all through the house...
the family was sick /  sleeping / and / or sitting next to mom whispering "can I watch an episode of batman", "can I play video games on your computer" , "there needs to be a picture of you--can I take your picture?" , "I want to write something on the blog can I write a column?" !!! 


I in my fuzzy pink socks--pa was in bed snoring since late afternoon--had just settled down to the couch thinking, "tomorrow is Valentines day...I had had big plans! (Martha Stewart valentines, favorite candy bars...other things I have forgotten)...starting a tradition...everything prepared three days in advance...

--Just in case you were feeling like a bad mom tonight
Dinner was every-man-for-himself (not totally excluding afore-shown valentine sweethearts) and I thought, "I will try to get up at 5 or maybe six-thirty, tomorrow morning and clean the kitchen and do heart shaped waffles."   I miss those corn waffles.  Those maple-syrup sweetened corny waffles...

And if I do not...Do not breathe a word of it to anyone!  







1 comment:

  1. Love it! Normal life is grand. :-) I had many of those same plans for today. Didn't work out for me. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete